PYLLON EXPERIENCE 2
We train smarter, run stronger & race harder.
And we’re stoked about taking the second Pyllon Experience (PXP2) onto some of the best trails in the UK. This time we’re going to Grasmere in the Lake District - the UK home of trail and fell-running! This is your chance to join the team for a weekend of running and adventure. We’d really love to spend this time with you and for you to be part of another very special event.
The weekend will be a mix of running, learning, talking, laughing, some hurting (in a good way) and generally socialising with many like-minded individuals. This is not an event aimed just at the elite level runner, it is for all - those relatively new to trail running, those looking for inspiration to kick-start the 2019 racing season or for those who just love being on the trails and in the mountains.
We’re looking to recreate and enhance the very special weekend we had in Aviemore in March 2018. Runners, spending time with runners - living and breathing what we love!
You will hear from real people with real experiences. You will get the chance to run with GB level athletes and hear about their careers. We’ll also spend time talking all about training and racing, to help you improve as an athlete. There will also be the opportunity to spend 1-2-1 time with these athletes.
Time: Friday 1 March from 15:00, to Sunday 3 March
Where: Thorney How B&B & Hostel, Grasmere, Lake District, Cumbria LA22 9QW
Registration: from 15:00 Friday. We hope that everyone will join us in the afternoon, so that we can spend some time getting to know you and talking through our plans for the weekend
Plan: Group runs, workshops, 1-2-1 planning / advice sessions, fun, food and banter
Who: to get the most from the event you should be capable of running 10K in an hour or under.
We will have sole use of the hostel. All rooms are centrally heated and double-glazed and most have en-suite facilities. We’ve stayed there to check it out for you, it’s a very lush hostel!
Sleeping arrangements will be shared but we’ll do what we can to ensure you can stay with friends if you’re planning on attending with company.
We have access to a fully-equipped kitchen with fridge, freezer, microwave ovens, crockery and cutlery. There are drying facilities if you need to dry your clothes for the next day. There are TVs in the lounge and Wi-Fi is available free of charge.
You can have a look at the hostel by viewing this short video
The weekend will cost £250 which includes 2-nights’ accommodation at Thorney How B&B & Hostel and unlimited access to some of Britain’s most successful and experienced trail runners. The hostel, which has a Tourism Gold Award, is booked for our exclusive use across the wekend.
Included in your package:
- 2 x nights’ accommodation with bedding (you may want to bring your own towel although you can hire one for £2 from the hostel)
- Breakfast on both mornings (including porridge, bread, fruit, muesli, juice, teas and coffees etc)
- Lunch provided on the Saturday afternoon
- Buffet style meal provided on the Friday night
- Two course evening meal provided to eat as a group on Saturday night
- There will be snacks available through the day (cereal bars, fruit, soup, rolls)
- Access to a range of experts, workshops and speakers over the weekend
- A Pyllon Ultra goody-bag
- Various seminars, discussions and presentations
(Vegans and vegetarians will be well provided for throughout the weekend!)
It’s up to you to get yourself to the hostel. But we’ll be around to try and help if anyone is struggling to get to us from Ambleside or Keswick etc. The Hostel is a 5-min walk from Grasmere. We will also try to share names closer to the date so that car-sharing can be arranged where possible.
You will need to bring trail running shoes and clothing to suit the conditions as it’s likely to be cold and wet at this time of year! So, think about leggings, shorts, warm socks, hat, gloves, buff, baselayers, waterproof jackets, hydration vest (and your cameras / phones etc). There are some drying facilities but we recommend you have at least 3 x full training outfits and probably a couple of pairs of shoes. For Saturday night, feel free to dress exactly how you choose. Dining in your PJ’s is completely acceptable!
BORING BIT: RULES, REGULATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS
We have only a few rules but they are sacrosanct:
1. We want this to be a great experience for everyone, so we’ll expect that you’ll be friendly and supportive to all who attend.
2. No show-boating. As mentioned already, this is about having a great group experience so leave any egos at home.
3. There are limited places available as we want to keep it intimate - so your place can only be confirmed upon receipt of payment. If you need to cancel closer to the time we will do our very best to replace your place with someone else and refund your money (minus a 50% deposit) up until 12th January. After this date there will be no refunds, this is due to the money having already been spent on merchandise and accommodation.
4. Talk to us. If you are worried about something before you get there, then tell us - no matter how small, we want you to have a great time. If something isn’t right when you arrive, again - tell us! We’re here to help.
5. This will grow - so pay attention!
We will publish a detailed plan / schedule for the weekend when it is ready. The accommodation has been booked so if you want to join us, please BUY NOW and make a payment to secure your place.