We train smarter, run stronger & race harder.
And we’re stoked about taking the Pyllon Experience onto the trails in Scotland’s adventure capital - Aviemore. This is your chance to join the team for a weekend of running and adventure.
Time: Friday 16 March from 14:00, to Sunday 18 March 15:00
Where: Rothiemurchus Estate, Aviemore, Scotland
Registration: from 1400 Friday
WHAT’S THE PLAN?
The weekend will be a mixture of running, learning, talking, laughing, some hurting (in a good way) and generally socialising with many like-minded individuals. This is not a session aimed just at the elite level runner, it is for all. For those new to trail running, for those looking for inspiration to kick-start the 2018 racing season and for those who just loving being in and around the trails and mountains.
You will hear from real people with real experiences. You will get the chance to run with GB level athletes and hear about their careers. We’re also looking to give you the chance to hear from experts on training and nutrition to help you improve as athlete.
The weekend will cost £195 including 2-nights accommodation in a bunk-house style lodge. We will have the Union Jack Lodge in Rothiemurchus Estate to ourselves. Sleeping arrangements will be shared but we’ll do what we can to ensure you can stay with friends if your planning on attending with company.
Included in your package:
- 2 x nights accommodation with bedding (but you may want to bring a sleeping bag given the location and time of year)
- There will be cold breakfast items available (including porridge, bread, fruit, muesli, juice, teas and coffees etc)
- There will be snacks available through the day (cereal bars, fruit, soup, rolls)
- Dinner will be provided to eat as a group on Saturday evening (tbc in or out)
- Access to a range of experts, workshops and speakers over the weekend
- A Pyllon Ultra Goody Bag
It’s up to you to get yourself to the Lodge. If you need picked up from Aviemore I’m sure we can help though. Just talk to us and we’ll do what we can to get your there. We may also share names closer to the date so that car-sharing can be arranged where possible. Depending on weather, snow chains might be advisable.
All rooms are centrally heated and double-glazed. Some have en-suite facilities.
We have a large, fully-equipped kitchen with fridge, freezer, microwave ovens, crockery and cutlery. There are washing and drying facilities if you need to sort your clothes for the next day. Towels can be provided at an extra charge. There are TVs in our lounge. WiFi is available at a small charge (tbc).
RUNS FOR ALL
We’ll split the running sessions into groups so that you do the training that’s at the right level for you. We’ll likely run twice on the Saturday and once again on Sunday. You won’t have to do all the runs and you’ll be able to choose from easier, to more technical terrain.
You will need to bring trail running shoes and clothing to suit the conditions as well as cold and wet conditions should they show up. So, think about leggings, shorts, warm socks, hat, gloves, buff, baselayers, waterproof jackets, hydration vest (and your cameras / phones etc). There are some drying facilities but we recommend you have at least 3 full training outfits and probably a couple of pairs of shoes. For Saturday night feel free to dress exactly how you choose.
BORING BIT: RULES, REGULATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS
We have only a few rules but they are sacrosanct:
1. We want this to be a great experience for everyone, so we’ll expect that you’ll be friendly and supportive to all who attend.
2. No show-boating. As mentioned already, this is about having a great group experience so leave any egos on the A9.
3. There are limited places available as we want to keep it intimate - so your place can only be confirmed upon receipt of payment. If you need to cancel closer to the time we will do our very best to replace your place with someone else and refund your money (minus a 25% deposit).
4. Talk to us. If you are worried about something before you get there, then tell us - no matter how small, we want you to have a great time. If something isn’t right when you arrive, again - tell us! We’re here to help.
5. This will grow - so pay attention!
We are still working through the finer details and will publish a detailed plan / schedule for the weekend when it is ready. The accommodation has been booked so if you want to join us, please complete the following form, and we will send you details on how to pay (via bank transfer) to secure your place.